Government institutions use Wire to ensure sensitive information remains under their control and to offer employees a secure communication channel. Whether at home or on the road, employees can quickly send messages and share files, all with the ease of mind that the channel is secure.
The deployment of Wire ensures that key intelligence, sensitive files, or information remain solely in the hand of the organization. No more breached data due to uncontrolled use of insecure channels.
- Forward Secrecy – Every message sent within the Wire application has a unique and random key.
- Zero Trust – At Wire, we have embraced the Zero Trust architecture and we are proud to build every piece of functionality with that principle in mind.
- Advanced Cryptography – All communication in the Wire app is subject to end-to-end encryption. Wire uses the following cryptographic primitives – ChaCha20 stream cipher, HMAC-SHA256 as MAC, Elliptic curve Diffie-Hellman key exchange.
Robust & Accredited Infrastructure
- Open Source & Independently Audited – Wire is committed to working with independent security experts and publish regular audits of different components of the app. Wire’s source code is available on GitHub with a GPLv3 license.
- BSI Accreditation – We are proud to be fully audited and accredited by BSI. This accreditation allows for VS-nFD level communication.
- GDPR Compliance – Wire is GDPR compliant and treats all personal data confidentially.
- Deployment Options – The Wire backend can be deployed “into the cloud” (IaaS/SaaS), on-premises with world-wide-web connectivity, or in an offline environment.
- Desktop & Mobile Apps Distribution – Wire has publicly available mobile apps on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store, desktop applications that can be directly downloaded on the Wire website, or use your own MDM, EMM solutions to distribute to users on private networks.
- SSO/SCIM – Wire supports SSO/SCIM for easier user onboarding and adoption.